Saturday, January 30, 2010

whoa.... we're 5 weeks out

We are only 5 short weeks (or less) away from having our second child. Whoa...


Her name is Lucy Pearson Lopez. Annie calls her Lu or Lulu. You can too if you find Lucy too tricky to say. We love the name Lucy and just kept coming back to it as we considered names. We like the type of names that we associate with down to earth girls. We like names that are plain, but not super popular (not in the top 100). It means "light" which has significance for us as we hope that her life would be a light for other lives. Pearson was my mom's middle name, my grandmother Mary's maiden name, so it is significant for us as well.

I don't usually think through things too much unless it is near. That is why I didn't really think about the connection between being pregnant and having a baby until the last week or so. I am now filled with thoughts of getting things ready for a baby, making plans, etc. I think the hardest thing is knowing that Annie's world is about to get turned upside down. I was explaining to Annie today how Lu was going to come here soon and live with us and how we will share everything with her. I started to get really teary-eyed as I told her that I am her and Lucy's mommy and that J is her and Lucy's daddy. I know many of you have several children and know this feeling well. Many of you are probably thinking, "big deal". That's kind of what I thought when people expressed these feelings of sadness over the first child not being the only child anymore. You just hate to see their little hearts hurt over the loss of attention, even if you know it's going to be a good thing for them. Don't get me wrong, we are THRILLED about meeting Lucy and already love her so much, but I just want to soak up all the time I can with Annie these next few weeks while I can give her some undivided attention. Lucy will never know the difference since she already is not an only child. For Annie, this will be the biggest change of her life so far.

As far as actually having her and figuring out a newborn- I feel much more confident the second time around! March 5th is the expected day and we can't wait for all of you to get to meet her as well! Lord-willing, we'll see you soon, Lu!

1 comments:

alyak23 said...

YAY! We are excited for you guys as well :D Can't wait to see everyone!!! Love ya cuz!