Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Annie is a big sis!

For those of you we have run in to over the last couple of weeks, no surprise here, but for the rest of the world- we are having a baby! I am 8 weeks and 3 days which gives me a March 5th due date. The baby and Annie will be almost 2 years apart.


We are thrilled and humbled that God has yet entrusted another person to us to love and raise along with Annie! Thrilled- because there is nothing more fun than a full house! Humbled- because we daily realize what a big important job it is to raise a little person.

I have been feeling pretty sick, though not as bad as it was with Annie. I am not sure if I just have a higher threshold for discomfort and suffering after having Annie or if it is, in fact, more mild. No way to tell, but I'm thankful either way. J and Molly have been so helpful!

I love, love, love that I get to have another baby, but I feel so far removed from newborn world after only 16 months, so I have been really nervous about it until today. Seeing the lil' one on the sonogram just makes you melt, so I started looking back through Annie's baby books to remember what it was like the day she was born. I just remember the day J first went back to work after Annie was born. I called him crying saying "she's scary. Please don't leave me here by myself with her". Somehow, I made it through and I know God is going to help me once again since this whole new baby thing was his idea anyhow. Fast-forward to a picture of me a couple months in and I am holding her with one arm and smiling. I must have gotten used to it somewhere along the line so I know I will figure out that whole two-child-thing, too.

If you live nearby and we spend alot of time together, you are probably asking yourself, "So Sal, how does this affect our friendship?" Answer: For the next 6-8 weeks while I still have morning sickness, here is what you can expect:

- I won't be hanging out with you late at night.
- During the day, Annie will be watching hours of TV while I lay on my side on the couch. (Feel free to lend us kid DVDs. We are pretty tapped out on what we got :-)
- If you want to go to lunch, we must go someplace that serves plums, Gatorade, or Ramen noodles.

With Annie, all sickness went away at 16 weeks and then pregnancy was the best I have ever felt in my life! I am looking forward to those hormones again!

We would love your prayers for a healthy and joyful pregnancy!

Ideally, this post would include the sonogram picture, but it is downstairs and then I would need to scan it and stuff. It's not going to happen tonight, but maybe soon!

11 comments:

Brittany P. said...

Yay!! Congrats guys~ such exciting news & an amazing blessing! We'll be praying for your health (and sanity) :) during the coming months!

Beth said...

Sally Hooray!

Lee told me yesterday you were pregnant again. I must admit my first thought was, "I wonder if she has morning sickness this time around?" I will be praying for you.

I don't want this post to sound like a downer so I will end with a big YIPPEE!

ASuh said...

So so excited for y'all!! And just as an encouragement, Evie hasn't been nearly as scary as Malachi was :)

Love you guys!

Angela

Beth said...

Congratulations Sally!! I'm definitely feeling you on all the going back to a newborn emotions, although it's been quite a bit longer for us! I told Nate the other day I feel like I have forgotten everything!! Hopefully it's kinda' like riding a bike and it will all come back quickly. Hope time flies and you are feeling better soon!

Leah said...

we can decide if we are going to get the swine flu vaccine together... and i will come over and lay on the couch with you. i am good at that.

Unknown said...

Hooray! And when we reschedule the play date we'll come to you.

alyak23 said...

the main memories that stick in my head about bringing home Bailey was all the awe and love that I felt for her, even though I was slightly afraid of her too LOL. I bet you will be so much more confident bringing home baby number two and Annie was sooo good with Bailey this week that I know she'll make a great big sis! Loves you guys and Congrats again and keep us posted!!!

julieruth said...

Congratulations Sally and J! We've survived the first 3 weeks with Hunter... that is, without Noah pummeling him more than twice a day! I'm sure that Annie will be more of a helper than a wrestler! :) Let us know if we can do anything for you!!
love, julie

Jessica said...

congrats to you three! i'll put the word out for the baby dvd's and see what i can find for you.

Honey said...

Congratulations, Sally and Justin! From Leah's Mom!

JORI said...

How exciting Sal! Call me soon so we can catch up!

Miss you~
JO