Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Elgin Pumpkin Festival

I feel like a true southerner! We went to a pumpkin festival in Elgin this past weekend with my brother Sam's family (Jennifer, Samantha, and Jack) and my sister Molly (back from Alaska).

Truth be told, Annie is on the brink of enjoying events like this, I can feel it, but not quite there yet. Everything is just as you probably imagine. There was a bake sale, a hayride, some farm animals, some pumpkins, some face painting, but unfortunately the 95 degree weather robbed it of it's fall festivity for me. I would have rather been wearing a scarf than slapping on the sunscreen.

In any event, we enjoyed some family time! We are really looking forward to going back in December because this place doubles as Christmas Tree farm. We will go to Elgin Christmas Tree Farm and pick out the perfect tree that we would have gotten if we did not intend to use a fake tree "until Annie can fully appreciate a real tree and ask for one herself" (Justin's words). You gotta love my practical man!

Molly, Samantha, and Jennifer!


Annie and her daddy!


Jack and Samantha when they realized they would be riding the train without everyone else!


Samantha taking care of Jack during the crisis!


Annie shaking it for the camera.


Molly and Jackaroo!


Annie's first face painting.
It is a really disturbing-looking hippo.


Samantha got a really cool red butterfly.


Annie in the pumpkins!


These are some of the all-time best pictures of Annie.
She had a major connection with the pumpkins. :-)

4 comments:

Becky Kiser said...

sal, annie is too cute.

we must catch up! here's my email: beckyjkiser@gmail.com. i'm thinking we should plan a road trip to austin and have a briarbabe reunion. since y'all have kids we'll come to you. :)

i just emailed with sara yesterday. it would be a lot of fun.

Candi said...

omg too cute!!! the kids are so adorable!!! as is Aunt Molly who we're missin ;-)


I love the aby annie pics!! Just when I think she couldn't look anymore like J I get to the pumpkin shots and that is ALL SALLY!!! lol

love you guys!!!

alyak23 said...

very sweet! Looks like a lot of fun. We will be in town this weekend, I hope we get to see you guys!!

Alli said...

Annie in the pumpkin patch just made my day! Love you guys!